Top 5 Remedies For Morning Sickness
Whether it's a mouthful of sick in the morning or a general all-day queasiness, there's one thing we can all agree on, morning (or all day) sickness is no fun. Not only is your body struggling with digestion and keeping things down, but these waves of nausea are often accompanied by hangover-like headaches, body aches and all over miserable-ness. Well, fear not, here are some tried and tested remedies that may offer you some relief too.
Top morning sickness remedies
1. Vitamin B6 - also known as pyridoxine, is vital to your baby's developing brain and nervous system. Vitamin B6 also helps your baby metabolize protein and carbohydrates. Research shows that extra vitamin B6 may relieve nausea or vomiting for some women during pregnancy, though no one is exactly sure why.
2. Ginger & Banana Smoothie - Why is this smoothie great for morning sickness? Ginger is an anti-inflammatory and may help to reduce nausea and vomiting in the early stages of pregnancy. Bananas contain vitamin B6, which benefits your unborn baby by aiding in the metabolism of protein, fats and carbohydrates. Can't stomach ginger? Try a delicious blend of frozen banana, mango and yoghurt instead. This chilled treat is sure to please and ease those symptoms.
3. Mint Mint Mint - Mint tea, mint oil, mint lollies (note: if you have heartburn, avoid peppermint tea) The herb not only eases symptoms of morning sickness but is also known to relax the smooth muscles of the uterus.
4. Lemon - Sniff a slice of lemon, the refreshing smell and taste calm many women's stomachs. You can also drink a glass of cold water with lemon.
5. Crackers - Stash a box of crackers in your bedside table and nibble a few as soon as you wake, since eating early in the day can help stave off morning sickness. Or carry the box around with you if you are fighting an all-day battle. There is no shame in this, its a matter of survival!
So there you have it, our top 5 tips for staving off the squelching belly. If you have any great tips on how to fight nausea, please let us know in the comments section below.
Once you've ditched the green feeling with these remedies for morning sickness, why not get your dose of baby in our baby box shop!